Press & Media
Camden Passage, Angel, Islington is a diverse and vibrant location which is a pleasure to visit for the fist time visitor or local resident alike. With shops, restaurants, cafes and outdoor markets visitors will have a wonderful experience.
The reputation of the area was established as a world renowned antiques centre from the 1950's with antique Malls, Arcades and specialist shops. Todays visitor will find cafes, restaurants and antique dealers rubbing shoulders with contemporary and vintage shops and market stalls.
The Camden Passage area generally covers several streets including Camden Passage, Islington High Street, Charlton Place and Camden Walk.
Here are a few important key points to note
1. Main outdoor market days are Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Additionally, Pierrepont Arcade has a book market on Thurday and Fridays.
2. Camden Passage, Angel, Islington is unconnected and not related in any way to Camden Market in Camden Town. A new visitor may find the similar names confusing, particularly as there is a Camden Head Pub in Camden Passage and also a Camden Head Pub on Camden High Street.
3. The history, heritage and architecture of the area is amazing with many of the buldings dating back to the early 18th century. The Camden Head Pub which was rebuilt 1899 supposedly has its own resident ghost.
4. The area is full of interesting independent shops, restaurants and boutiques with a liberal sprinkling of specialised Antique dealers. It is one of the few areas in the country in a central location where the chain shops and multiples have not moved in.
5. Camden Passage is vehicle free. This allows many cafes and restaurants to have outside seating in a relaxing environment.
6. Transport links are excellent and there are many hotels right on the doorstep.
For further media enquiries
For enquiries about a particular business, please contact them directly.
Please follow @CamdenPassageN1.
Press and Media